Monday, April 2, 2007

#3 Be Passionate

#3 Be Passionate




This one is pretty simple: LOVE being vegan and show it!



Bob Torres of Vegan Freak emphasizes the importance of doing vegan outreach through something you're good at, like cooking for omnis to show how yummy vegan food can be, or showing off your artistic ability by selling paintings then donating the profits to a worthy cause.



Me, I'm very passionate about cooking. My family makes fun of me for staying up late reading cookbooks and recipes, of all things, and even though I'll admit that IS weird, it's who I am. And by feeding my culinary curiousity, I've been able to really experiment with omni-turned-vegan dishes and my own creations as well.



Also, I've been so excited about veganism that I write about it any chance I get- that means in essays for school! I'm sure that 4 out of the last 4 assignments I've had to do have had something about veganism in them, and I love it.



Of course, blogs work too! If you spend a lot of time on the internet, you might as well put that time to good use.



There are so many ways to show your passion about veganism out there. SO MANY.

Personally, by showing so much passion and happinesss in living a compassionate lifestyle, my family as more readily accepted me for who I am: a VEGAN!





Anyways, I just got back from Hawaii and it was absolutely fabulous. I can't even put it in words. It really sucks to come back to Edmonton, where it's -10 Celsius... In any case, I finally tried tempeh for the first time (I can't find plain it anywhere here) and it was great.


(the Iao Needle, in Iao Vallery State Park)

More pictures later!

No comments: