When I walked into the house this afternoon, I couldn't believe my nose. My home smelled of spicy, exotic food- something that my mom doesn't cook that often (my dad & brother like bland food.). Then, I remembered: I was getting really frustrated last night, because I'd just made dinner for everyone (my mom was out), then all of a sudden I had to make my lunch for school, and it couldn't have too many raw veggies or legumes because nobody likes vegan gas... so I was totally overwhelmed.
Then, my mom saw how I was feeling and offered to make something yummy for me, something that I could pack up for school. I picked out a Creamy Cabbage and Zucchini Curry recipe- it looked really delicious! I don't think it's authentic Indian, as it uses both garam masala and curry powder, and as I recall Dino said that you wouldn't do that. Ah well, it sure smells good! I'll take pictures later. :)
Also, I was tagged by Jackie to do a fun meme. It's Christmas themed, too! How fun. A bit early, but fun.
Santa's First Meme
* What is your favorite Christmas gift? Clothes are always practical, but fun... books are nice too. I've got my eye on a food dehydrator for this year! :D
* What is your best memory of Christmas? On cold winter nights, we used to sit on a couch by the Christmas Tree, in the dark, watching the colourful lights blink... such a magical moment.
* Depending on where you live do you have a hot or cold Christmas? COLD!
*Would you prefer to try the opposite weather at least just once? Naw, Christmas isn't Christmas if it isn't -20 C! My dad always lights a fire in our fireplace- burns trees, yes, but it's cozy warm.
* What do you prefer in a tree? Fake or real? Real!
* What is your favorite Carol? Ooh, that's a toughie... I like The Happiest Christmas Tree, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, I Believe in Father Christmas, Walking in a Winter Wonderland, or Christmas Time is Here from Charlie Brown. :) Anything other than The Little Drummer Boy... I fainted from standing too long when we were singing that song in grade 4 music class and haven't been able to enjoy it since.
* What is your favorite Christmas Dinner? Something simple and vegan, of course... Nothing too fancy-pancy. Maybe some baked sweet potatoes, quinoa, and a simple bean soup.
* Do you wear a Santa Hat at Christmas? Not really.. it messes up my hair. :D
* Have you ever seen me delivering your gifts? Nope! :o
Edit: Gahh! I'm so silly! I forgot to tag some more people. Well, I say that anyone who has time on their hands can have some fun with this meme. :)