So, what HAVE I been up to?
- Taking over the world with vegan cupcakes!For Christmas, my dearest cousins gave me Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World, and I'm loving it! Yay for delicious vegan baking!Golden Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream Icing, plus a bit of peppermint extract in the batter and crushed (vegan) candy canes on top!
Coconut Lime Cupcakes
Chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter icing!
- Speaking of delicious vegan baking...
My school's environmental club had a bake sale, since we're raising money to adopt a panda. I brought in Fudgy Brownies (from Vive le Vegan!), Golden Vanilla Cupcakes (from VCTOtW, with sprinkles!!!), and Homestyle Chocolate Chip Cookies (from Vive le Vegan). To remind people to buy treats, I made a note on Facebook. The next day? People were ASKING SPECIFICALLY for the "vegan stuff"! Whoaaa!
Needless to say, other people brought baked goods too, and we ended up making over 200$. It might have been over 250$, but I can't remember :S
- At the moment, in my Social Studies class, we are doing projects on global issues, and my topic is animal rights. Hehehe! My focus is going to be on dairy farming & veal farming. The project is both an essay and a powerpoint presentation, and even though it's going to be a lot of work, I'm excited to spread the vegan word! Right now, I'm watching Earthlings on Google Video, and DANG it's good. Scary stuff, but that's what goes on...
- Also school-related: We've been doing a nutrition unit in my PE class, and part of that is a huge nutrition project. Cue the groans from everyone else, but I was quite excited! I've officially decided to go into nutrition / naturopathy when I'm out of high school, so this project was just a way for me to dive deep into the world of nutrition, plus show my gym teacher just how fabulous a vegan diet can be!
- My friends are awesome! I don't know if I talked about this before, but since starting high school, I've found myself a whole new group of friends. They're incredibly supportive of me, which just makes all the difference. At parties, there are always vegetable & fruit trays, and one of my dearest friends has started to only bake vegan cakes for these occasions. He's so sweet!
- Spring break starts next friday, so hopefully I'll be able to do molto blogging during these next few weeks. I miss the vegan blogging world! Unfortunately, my cooking has been awfully uninspired lately, but I just need to rekindle the passion, that's all. Hopefully, this hectic high school life will get less busy...
Well, that's all for now, I'll hopefully write again later this week. :)