Oh dear, it's been ages since I last posted! After exams were done & school ended, I went to BC for a while for my brother's soccer tournament, then I just got caught up in work & summer fun...
Anyways, while I was in the Okanagan, we went shopping at this one mall and for lunch I had a delicious seaweed salad. I'd always wanted to try one, and I was quite impressed! The texture was different, but still good, and the dressing was sweet and sesame-y. Mm!
Here's a cellphone picture I took:
(I didn't think to take a picture until it was almost done... hehe)
I ended up buying 3 more salads to eat for dinner. Yum! :D
From now on, whenever we head out to a sushi place or japanese restaurant, I'm going to make a point of ordering seaweed salad, if I can.
Also... Cherry tagged me in a meme a while back, and so now I'll fill that out :D
1) LAST MOVIE U SAW IN A THEATRE? Get Smart. I went with some friends, and boy that was funny. Steve Carrell is one hilarious man.
2) WHAT BOOK ARE U READING? Animal Farm by George Orwell, it's pretty good!
3) FAVOURITE BOARD GAME? Either Cranium or this one game I played once at a friend's house- Telepathy? I think that's what it was called.
4) FAVOURITE MAGAZINE? VegNews or Teen Vogue
5) FAVOURITE SMELLS? Vanilla, laundry, cinnamon, and tomato plants. And fava bean soup!
6) FAVOURITE SOUNDS? Music by Neutral Milk Hotel, my youngest sister's laugh, waves hitting a beach, the hilarious things my friends say..
7) WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD? Worrying about the future, or realizing that you've done something SO stupid but the soonest you can talk to the person is like the next day so there's nothing you can do but fret and worry and drive yourself INSANE.
8) WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN U WAKE? Breakfast (hehe)
9) FAVOURITE FAST FOOD PLACE? No thanks... If I'm forced to eat fast food, I'll have a dressing-less salad at Subway, basically a big plate of iceberg lettuce and vegetables.
10) FUTURE CHILD'S NAME? I like Waverly for a girl and Finnegan for a boy. I also once had this crazy idea of naming my kids after colours... Scarley, Rusty, Goldie, Chartreuse, Aquamarine, Cobalt, Violet... but that is just a silly idea I once had. There's no way I'd ever have that many kids :S
11) FINISH THIS STATEMENT—IF I HAD A LOT OF MONEY I’D... save it for when I'd really need it.
12) DO U DRIVE FAST? Erm, I don't drive. I still don't have my learner's, ack!
13) DO U SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL? Nope
14) STORMS–COOL OR SCARY? definitely cool!
15) WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CAR? I don't have one :) I walk, bike, take the bus, and have my mom drive me as a last resort
16) FAVOURITE DRINK? Water, or my special stevia lemonade with cayenne pepper for a kick. SO GOOD.
17) FINISH THIS STATEMENT-IF I HAD THE TIME I WOULD… start writing and recording some songs. I love playing guitar, and even though I'm not the best singer it's fun anyways.
18) DO YOU EAT THE STEMS ON BROCCOLI? You bet
19) IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY OTHER COLOUR, WHAT WOULD BE YOUR CHOICE? I'd like to be blonder than I am now, but if it has to be a totally different colour than I'd say purple :D
20) NAME ALL THE DIFFERENT CITIES/TOWNS U HAVE LIVED IN? Just Edmonton!
21) FAVOURITE SPORTS TO WATCH? I don't like to watch sports on TV, but I like watching my brother play soccer or my friends play ball hockey
22) ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Cherry was probably the first person to comment on my blog, so that has definitely kept me going! :)
23) WHATS UNDER YOUR BED? some socks, a stuffed penguin I sewed when I was 12, the box from the tree I tried to grow last summer, and the headpiece to my sister's unicorn halloween costume (?)
24) WOULD U LIKE TO BE BORN AS YOURSELF AGAIN?? I guess so, I could always try things differently... Although, it would be pretty cool to be someone else, or an animal. this is a weird question.
25) MORNING PERSON OR NIGHT OWL? I bit of both, I guess! I always wake up early but I like staying up late too...
26) OVER EASY OR SUNNY SIDE UP? No eggs for me!
27) FAVOURITE PLACE TO RELAX? Running in the Edmonton river valley, or in the river valley having a picnic with friends.
28) FAVOURITE PIE? I made a yummmmy vegan berry pie once, that was good, although it was more of a crisp or crumble.
29) FAVOURITE ICECREAM FLAVOUR? Lemon sorbet
30) OF ALL THE PEOPLE U HAVE TAGGED, WHO IS THE MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND FIRST?
(I'm not going to tag anyone, so if you're reading this meme and think it sounds like fun, go ahead!)