Saturday, October 25, 2008

Vegan Mofo: Stuff.

Oh dear, I've missed a few more days of blogging, but it's just because life is being quite insanely busy at the moment :S

Anyways, here's a recent bento:

It's a sunset! I love the colours :)

In other news, the Environmental Club at school is really doing well so far. Thanks to my co-president's extrovertedness and my cookies, we've managed to keep up a membership of 30+. Wow! Last year, we had like 10 at this time...

On Tuesday, we did some awesome environmental activism in the form of Project Porchlight. Basically, a bunch of us just went door-to-door, handing out Compact Fluorescent Lightbulbs and telling people how to be more energy efficient.

It was really fun and we had a great turnout. We're actually planning on doing it again next Tuesday!
(Haha, that was just someone's doormat, I thought it was funny)

As I mentioned before, I bring yummy vegan baking to every meeting, with great results, seeing as the room is crowded every time.

Here's some of what I brought recently:
Sugar cookies!

Super-fudgy brownies!

The good old standby of Homestyle Chocolate Chip Cookies!

We're having a BAKE SALE on Thursday, too... a VEGAN BAKE SALE! How exciting! We made posters last meeting and they're up all over the school now. Some of the ones my friends made are quite hilarious... "BE LIKE A VEGAN*... BUY FOOD *you may also buy food without being a vegan" and "VEGAN BAKING: A NATURAL HIGH" Hehehe :)


Veg-a-Nut said...

good job and that door mat is too funny!

Agnesss =) said...


First time on your blog =D Like it!!

All the goodies look DELICIOUS!!! Great creations!!!
Keep going =D

Would be happy to see your comments on my new blog :D

Enjoy the time!!!

clottedsleepingbags said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vegan Bulimic said...

hmmm I love the use of photos in your blog, not just for food purposes. Wonderful. Thanks for the inspiration.


Tami (Vegan Appetite) said...

That sunset is so cool!

Vegan baked goods can be very persuasive....great job!

Carla said...

Peggy - which recipe did you use for the sugar cookies? I'm wanting to make some for the kids to decorate at Halloween and don't have a go-to recipe for them. Can you leave a comment on my blog?

Carla said...

Thanks so much Peggy!

Peggy the Veggie said...

Veg-a-nut: thanks! haha , yeah, needles to say, nobody answered when we rang the doorbell

Agness: Aw, thanks! I'll check out your 'World of Vegan Pleasures' too!

Julie- :) Aw, thanks! Photography is fun stuff and I'm glad to be of inspiration

Tami- thanks! haha, yes it certainly seems so

tofufreak said...

doood that looks like so much fun!!! i love the doormat and the poster sayings ;D

hope the bake sale goes well!!!

cosmicwild said...

that sun picture food looks amazing :) i wish i created food like that :p
peony xx

tiffffie said...

Hey! I'm a 16 year old vegetarian who has been toying with the idea of living a vegan lifestyle for the past few months. This year I'm taking environmental science and it's really opened my eyes to a lot of things going on in the world and I want to do everything I can to help the environment and ultimately myself. Well, I just wanted you to know that you're blog has totally sealed the deal for me. I'm going to live a vegan lifestlye. You're blog is sooo inspiring and awesome. I love how this blog is actually someone my age so it makes it easy to relate to! I'll definitely be coming here often. Oh and I also love how you take pictures of almost everything that you make...I'm also taking digital photography this year so that caught my attention as well. :DDD You're seriously awesome! Don't ever stop what you're doing.

Peggy the Veggie said...

Thanks so much tiffffie! That totally inspired ME to keep up this blog, I'm so glad I was able to help you :)

Vegan Conquerer said...

I just sarted a blog about how I'm becoming Vegan. I've been a vegetarian since I was eight and that's been almost 6 years. I really like your blog and I hope to keep reading :)