Tuesday, July 3, 2007

My little piece of vegan propaganda & italian restaurants are all the same


:) My sister had this little handheld fan, and it's real neat because you can program it to display messages... How could I resist?
On another note... After watching a FIFA U-20 World Cup soccer game (It was real exciting- Congo and Austria tied 1-1), we went out for dinner with a bunch of my brother's soccer friends. Somebody decided to go to an Italian restaurant, so to Tony's Pizza Palace we went.
I verrrrrry rarely eat out. It's just not my thing. But I have been to a few Italian restuarants and they all seem to have real similar menus, in general. So I was pleased to see that this place did indeed have 'Insalata di Pomodori'- a tomato salad.
It was pretty goood- roma tomatoes, garlic, basil, and onions. Mmmm. There were only two problems: WAYYYYY too much olive oil (ugh!) and there was a random piece of CHEESE in it. (no cheese in the menu's description of the salad!)
I got my mom to pick out the pus, and I didn't eat any of the salad within a 6cm radius of the crime scene.
I could have asked the waitress for another salad, and probably should have. Ah well, I'll do that next time.

No comments: