Sunday, July 1, 2007

Wasabi & Strawberries... and more berries



...Are so good. It sounds like a really weird combination, but the two constrasting flavours work wonderfully together. The spicy wasabi and the sweet strawberry... delicious.

PLus, wasabi has that nice sinus-clearing thing, so it helped my stuffy nose. :( Yeah, I've been a bit sick, and it's the summer too! Sucks big time. But I'm mostly better now.











Ok, so today I went for a nice long walk. It's kinda hot, so when I got back I craved something cool and light and refreshing, so I decided to make a berry soup! Think a smoothie, but with just berries and water and served in a bowl. Mmm.

I had this as a snack, but you could easily serve it as a dessert as well.


Berry-Cherry Soup

2-4 strawberries, halved
5-10 raspberries
About 1/4 cup blueberries (I used frozen)
3-4 pitted cherries
1/4 of cold water
Mint, for garnish (I picked some from our garden :) )

In a blender, or food processor I suppose, blend together all ingredients except for the mint. If it isn't blending too well, try using a "pulse" setting. Pour into a bowl and top with mint just before serving.

(you could make this ahead of time if you had to... just chill in the 'fridge)

Next time, I'll try experimenting with some spices- cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg...

No comments: