Thursday, August 28, 2008

Grilled fava beans!

Last year, after buying some fresh fava beans at our local farmer's market, I tried cooking them two ways: grilled and boiled. The grilled ones won on both taste and texture, so when I bought some more fresh beans this year that's all I did with them.
It's actually RIDICULOUSLY easy. Grill the fresh pods for about 10 minutes, then remove and let the insides steam for about 10 more minutes. Open up the pods, skin the beans, and voila! Delicious fava beans (also known as broad beans)!

I didn't bother seasoning this time. Instead, I mixed mine in with some leftover seaweed salad. Yum!

(I apologize for the not-so-great picture there, I was hungry and just quickly grabbed any old bowl)


I've still got some bean pods in the fridge that should really be used up soon. There's so much that I could do with them that I can't decide what! I don't think I want to just settle for mixing them into a salad. Anybody have any ideas?

No comments: