Monday, November 10, 2008

November 10th, already?

Oh man... Well, here's what's been going on as of late:

Oct 30th: Environmental Club Bake Sale! About 50-60% of the goodies were vegan and it all went super well. We managed to raise 225$! That's a record!

Oct 31st: Halloween! I dressed up as Edie Sedgwick, one of Andy Warhol's superstars of the 60s.

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of the full costume, but I did have some free time with iPhoto before my friends came over:


But yeah, Halloween was super fun :) I had 15 friends over and we just had a good time. It was unusually warm, too, so we went to a park and played tag! haha

I didn't go trick-or-treating.... But I think I'm going to try doing that on Christmas this year. Hehe.. Just imagine the looks on people's face! Oh boy.


And, well, school has been insanely busy. I had 9 things due today!
Anyways, see you all again soon :)

8 comments:

Paulina said...

I'd love to organize an all vegan bake sale one day. That's so cool that you raised all that money!

Good luck with school, I know how stressful it can be :)

tofufreak said...

congrats on the bake sale!!! it's awesome that you managed to raise that much! :)

Bianca said...

Oh, you really do look like Edie!!! I'm a huge Warhol fan! I recently got a chance to view a lot of his work when a traveling Warhol exhibit came to the Memphis Brooks Museum of Art. So inspiring!

And congrats on the one day a week raw thing! That's more than I can do. I've been doing once a month (I'm actually doing it tomorrow!), and it definitely makes me feel better ... though a little tired without my coffee.

Sarah said...

Hey, just found your amazing blog. I'm also a teen vegan(I'm 16) and I just thought I'd say hello and thanks for writing something helpful and informative. Great halloween coustume by the way I <3 andy warhol. (Oh and my username is ArtFreak10192 on the vegan freak forums)

Paulina said...

You've been tagged!

this wheel's on fire said...

wow love the costume! with love, another vegan ;)

Peggy the Veggie said...

Paulina- It's definitely a lot of fun! :) And thanks

tofufreak- thanks! it's so exciting, I can't wait to do it all again

bianca- thanks, that's what I was going for! haha, but that's soooo exciting. I want to go to the Andy Warhol Museum someday :)
And yeah, it's amazing what a difference it makes

Sarah-Aw, thanks so much for the kind words! I'm fireworks on the veganfreak forums, I think.. I don't go on there as much as I should though :/

this wheel's on fire- thanks! :D

Veggie polyglotographer said...

Haha! You should DEFINITELY go trick-or-treating at christmas! That would be hilarious! I dare you to do it and write a blog post about it :)


http://theveggiepolyglotographer.blogspot.fr/