Sunday, April 15, 2007

Getting down and dirty in our *organic* garden

For as long as I can remember, my dad has had a garden. Every spring, around my birthday, is the time when we get crackin' and start planting some seeds. We've always had about the same variety of produce every year- spinach, lettuce, swiss chard, carrots, tomtatoes, and maybe some others.

In any case, today I helped my dad sow the carrot, swiss chard, and lettuce. Surprisingly enough, it was pretty fun spreading the peat moss and topsoil then packing it all down. I'm so going to take care of our garden EVERY DAY and give my little planties TENDE, LOVING CARE. :D Awwww.

And plus, we get to enjoy the fruits of our labour- delicious, nutritious, organic produce, right in our own backyard.

AND WE'RE DOING KALE THIS YEAR!!!!
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!

Maybe next year we can have eggplant. Cross your fingers!

No comments: