Peanut Butter Cups! Just like Reese's!
Seriously, this is one of the simplest dessert recipes ever. It only has 4 ingredients, two of which you could probably leave out (the sugar and the salt), and none of the steps are too complicated. Granted, it does take a certain amount of skill to melt chocolate, and to paint the inside of muffin cups...
In any case, I can't vouch for how these taste just yet, as they are for a friend, but they turned out great as far as I can tell.
As well, I've been brainstorming other brilliant combinations based on this whole chocolate cup idea:
- Peanut butter & banana cups- add a thin layer of banana, or maybe puree it into the peanut butter itself
- Chocolate cups as ice cream bowls :D
- Chocolate cups with ice cream inside, and that layer on top as well... so the ice cream is like a surprise :o
- Chocolate cups as 'pie crusts' for individual Chocolate Espresso Truffle Pies
- Chocolate cups with a minty filling
- ..... a coffee filling
- ..... a coconut filling
- ..... a spicy chili filling, for an interesting twist
And on and on... Feel free to brainstorm with me by leaving a comment!
In any case, judging my all my posts lately, you'd think that all I do is bake treats and eat little else. Not true! I haven't had much time to cook, but I've been subsisting quite well on shredded cabbage + my favorite salad dressing du jour, steamed carrot, reheated seitan, oatmeal, and pita bread. Yum.
See you all around, and I hope to catch up with all your blogs!