Monday, September 8, 2008

A MARVELOUS day in the life of Peggy the Veggie

Today was an absolutely AWESOME day. I don't even know how it all went so well, but it was fabulous.

In fact, I'll indulge you all in a play-by-play of some of what made today so great: (I won't go over everything, obviously. that would be too much.)

6:30 woke up (let myself sleep in a bit as a treat), had a shower
7:00 had waffles for breakfast!
8:15 didn't miss my bus to school
8:45 gave a copy of PETA's Vegetarian Starter Kit to my friend KB, who is going to try out vegetarianism (YAY!)
9:00 Math! yay! (I'm such a dork :P)
11:49 Lunch... I took the time last night to make a spiffy bento!

I used the tofu noodles again, this time tossing them in beet juice, paprika, and chili powder. They were then placed on top of a bed of spring greens and nori butterflies were sprinkled on top.


I also had some firepit corn (more on that in an upcoming post!), steamed garden carrots, and a sliced garden tomato.


Once again, I used slabs of bell pepper to keep my food from jumping around too much :)

I also didn't feel like doing my social studies homework, so I tied a little ribbon bow onto my chopsticks.

The verdict on this lunch? YUM YUM YUM. My friends loved how much effort I put into it, but I think it's way worth it.

1:26 I had a spare! It's awesome, I've got 6 other friends who all have a spare that block too so we went for a nice walk. The weather is sure cooling down (it's like 15 degrees Celsius) but it was warmer than it's been lately

4:00 When I got home, there was a little surprise waiting for me!


You see, about two weeks ago, my mom and sisters and I went to a pottery painting place where we had a lovely afternoon decorating and exploring our creative sides.


I had decided to do a little bowl with vegetables around the side. I'm happy with how it turned out! It's going to be the best little bowl from now on, for soups and stir-fries and oatmeal and cereal...


The house also smelled really nice, and this was from the lovely lentil soup on the stove. Yay! I love my mom's lentil soup :)



AND, the pumpkins in our garden are totally done now! We picked them and now I'm super-excited to do something with these bad boys. There were only two, but that's fine.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great day! I love the bowl! So cute:]

tofufreak said...

wow you really did have an awesome day!

yay for your friend trying out vegetarianism!!! (i say bring on the vegan cupcakes ^_^ )

your bento sounds uber yummy- i love the idea of your red bell peppers!

the lentil soup looks lovely-- and yay for homegrown pumpkins! that is so exciting! i wish i could grow something edible :'( tear tear. oh well

oh yeah! i love the little ceramic bowls too! those are way too cute!!

Carrie™ said...

I love those bowls!! Well done I must say. Sounds like a marvelous day. As someone who relies on public transit to get to work, Yay for not missing the bus! Can't wait to see what you do with the pumpkins and hear about this mysterious corn.

Anardana said...

Cute bento! All your food looks great!

Bianca said...

That is a good day! Pumpkins and mom's soup, and a cute bento! So, did you cut the nori butterflies yourself? They're so cute!

Fruity said...

Really nice write-up! Bento lunch, cute bowl and the orange twins. Love eating those pumpkins
Fruity

Peggy said...

Conquerbysmiling- :) Thanks!

tofufreak- thanks, I sure did! Ooh, yes vegan cupcakes are ALWAYS the answer :) oh dear, have you ever tried sprouting? You should, it's basically like growing your own food but it takes like 2 days. And sorry for not being clear, it's just one bowl! I had to take pics from all angles hehe

Peggy said...

Carrie- thanks! (it's actually just one bowl from different angles though- sorry) And I've got a post on the mystery corn up now! :)

anardana- thank you!

bianca- :) Thanks! I used paper-punchers to make them, for the lack of a better name for them. They came from a craft store, I think.

fruity- thanks! :)