Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Getting creative with my breakfasts, part nine: French toast!!

You know what's crazy? I hadn't ever, ever, ever made vegan french toast before I tried WildSpice's recipe. And I haven't had nasty eggy french toast in ages, like at least 5 or 6 years. Whoa!

Anyways, this recipe is amazing. I love how the banana gets soaked into the bread so nicely...mmm..

French toast with some mango :)

Even better, it's relatively quick and easy to make, if you prepare the dipping batter the night before. Then, it's only a matter of soaking the bread and tossing it in a skillet!


The banana 'batter' is quite delicious on it's own, too. I even mixed a half-batch with some brown rice and then microwaved it all. The result? A delicious rice porridgey goodness!

On that note, I've been feeling quite proud of myself lately! I've had this strange aversion to rice for the past few years. It's got such a weird texture, it's just... weird. However, lately I've been eating leftover rice for breakfast, with cinnamon and soymilk. Just like I'd eat cereal! I really like rice this way (not to mention quinoa!). Yay!

I've been super busy lately, with cross-country and basketball and homework, but there should be a biiiig bento post coming up soon!

2 comments:

VEGAN TICKLES said...

You have got to try the 'FRONCH TOAST" recipe from VEGAN WITH A VENGEANCE. It taste exactly like eggy toasts. It is so delicious.
If you don't have the book, I can email you the recipe.
I've made them twice in a week and a half.
Simply delicious.

Peggy said...

I actually haven't made that recipe, and I don't own the book either! Sounds delicious though, I've heard much raving about this fronch toast. Would you mind emailing me the recipe? My email's on my profile :)